It started with a few cracks in the twelve-year old shower. Then when we pulled the shower out we realized it had been leaking for twelve years. So we had to fix the floor and walls.
Since we had to fix the floor and walls we decided to put in a bigger shower, which meant we had to move the door over a few inches.
We were just going to slap some non-matching piece of flooring in, but I couldn't help ruminating over the fact it was going to look slapped together and it would bug me for the next hundred years. So we ordered flooring and because my hubby and contractor didn't want to lay flooring we are having the flooring people do it.
Then I figured since I was getting new flooring I would change the colors in the bathroom. I like to paint a design on the wall of some sort so I spent a good part of yesterday searching for a stencil or stamp, which I didn't find at the craft store, but I found at the grocery store, go figure.
Because I wanted to paint and the toilet and sink had to come out to accommodate the new floor, my husband pulled out the cabinets too.
Now the good half of the bathroom is painted, the other half is rebuilt and waiting for the shower that was three weeks out, which would have been July 20th, but has now changed to August 8th.
Since we had the toilet out my husband decided we should find a better flushing toilet (if you know what I mean). The only good part about buying a new toilet is the one we chose has a $100 water sense rebate.
Tomorrow the new flooring goes in, then the cabinets, toilet and sink will go back in. The paint will be finished in that half of the bathroom and the paint in the shower half will be minimal, but has to wait until we get the shower.
So hear me now, I am done remodeling. At least for the year. Or maybe until fall... or maybe...